Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jean Bag

Every now and then I gets an itch to try something different from quilting.  I love tote bags and I love denim.  I usually make rag bags out of old jeans.  But this time I tried out an old pattern that was kicking around.  The front has a Newfoundland dog appliqued to the center.  The back has a pocket attached and the trim is with Newfoundland Tartan.  The straps have denim on one side and tartan on the other.  It always feels good when you can recycle materials to make new things.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautifull bag. I like the Newfoundland dog an it. Hi is so big we have 2 little dogs .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sew nice to see another quilter from Newfoundland and Labrador. I'm from Lab City and I love looking at the quilts from our province. I have a bag like this from a lady in Clarenville. She has MS and still manages to quilt/sew. Mine is embroidered with an apple because I'm a teacher lol.

    Take Care!!!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete