Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Spy

Usually, I do not get much accomplished during the weekends. But this weekend I feel I have outdone myself.   Friday, I finished the book titled "The Bishop's Man" by Linden MacIntyre.  In the beginning, I didn't know how I would find the book.  However, because it is a Giller Prize winner, I read on.  I am so glad I did.  It was quite an interesting read!

While I am waiting for some fabric to be delievered by post, I found myself wondering what to do next.  I was in quite a slump!  Down to my sewing room I went,  looking through my stash.  I found these fat eighths sampler from Connecting Threads.   I wanted to try foundation piecing, and thought this may be a perfect way to use up the fat eighths with a scrappy look!  So off to the cutting board I went!


This is how one of the blocks turned out. I now have three completed.  I didn't anticipate what I would go through picking the paper off the back.  That may be hubby's job when all the blocks are completed!

Today,  I have finally completed the binding on my lap quilt.  The kids titled it "I Spy"  They spied the letters L & T.  As well as the shapes diamond, triangle and also a tree.  The tree is the pattern that is machine quilted.  I used a moda jelly roll for this quilt.  The borders are from my stash.

1 comment:

  1. Your "I Spy "is beuatiful and children have seen good that they see the letters in the quilt.
    When I read a book,I am not approachable, as the book good is.
    Good luck with your blocks.
    Have a nice day Tiny

    ReplyDelete